11 Educational parameters that underline the Holistic 3Dlexia Paradigm
1. The involvement and activation of the students’ holistic triptych (3D) of soul, mind and body during the learning process. We strive for the integration in the learning process of diversestudents, with or without special educational needs,through discovery and research-based, multi-sensory, experiential, authentic collaborative and differentiated learning (Tomlinson)
2. The application of cognitive neuroscience (M.Wolf, Tufts, Dr. Art O’Malley, Singleton, 2015, M. Hardiman, John Hopkins University) to pedagogic activities for transformative learning, which will activate and systematically develop both the left and right brain (analytical and synthetic thought patterns), synthesizing the 3 brains (head brain, heart brain, gut brain, O’Malley) in one, thus contributing to maximal and balanced and holistic brain development.
3. Harmonious co-existence and use of the external natural environment (Rousseau) with cutting-edge technology and augmented reality tools in the edu-programs, forming the most innovative pedagogy for sustainability of the 21st century.
4. The integration of the Arts, including drama studies, as crucial tools for the holistic development of participants’ whole personality.
5. The recognition and cultivation of the brain’s different abilities and intelligences (Gardner, Harvard)
6. The reexamination and redefinition of the term “Dyslexia” to “3Dlexia” learning difference, based on the most recent cognitive neuroscience research (M. Wolf, Tufts)
7. The cultivation of virtues (justice, unity, respect, honesty, acceptance, selflessness, courage, mettle, brotherhood, kindness, forgiveness, peace, love, gratitude, faith, freedom) based on the teachings of ancient Greek Philosophers and empowerment of our internal positive tendencies, those already within us and outline our True Self, experiencing wellbeing (eudaemonia) and actuality (endelecheia) in life (Aristotle), so that every human action may be orientated towards the fulfillment of one’s personal growth and the common interest.
8. Cultivation of life-skills for the 21st century (critical thinking, flexibility, imagination, problem solving, creative disruptive innovative mind, resilience, meditation-mindfulness)
9. Acquisition of study skills (cognitive skills, learning to learn and metacognitive skills, learning to correctly apply what I have learnt)
10. Development of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and cultivation of the capacity for mature love (self-control, empathy, self-knowledge, management of emotions)
11. Cultivation of environmental education and world consciousness (volunteering, recycling, environmental sustainability, global citizenship, cooperation amongst students worldwide)
We need to point out that inherent in the ethos and philosophy of 3DlexiaCosmos, is the fact that the teachers’ undertaking of students’ education is not a dogmatic treatise which every educator needs to implement with deferential consistency; rather, it is primarily the distillation of observations and the life philosophy of those educators who aim to generate virtuous ideas, in-depth knowledge and different ways of thinking in the recipients, through the workshop cycles.
Furthermore, the educational activities of 3DlexiaCosmos are based on the equal and differentiated access to education for All, thus implementing inclusion in learning, aiming not only to attain learning skills and knowledge, but also the cultivation of students’ self-awareness and whole character.